Are you looking for an internship where you can genuinely make a difference in the workforce? As an intern with The National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), you can help advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connect them to NMSDC corporate members.
The Administrative Intern, Executive Operations Intern serves as an integral member of Executive Office & Operations team. The key expectation for this role is to assimilate an understanding of the NMSDC operations quickly in order to assist with the creation of executive reports and presentations requested by the CEO to be distributed to NMSDC committees. Additional responsibilities include account management, communications, and additional administrative duties. The ideal intern should have great attention to detail, experience in reporting and creating presentations, as well as excellent written and communications skills. To be considered for this role, candidates must believe in NMSDC’s mission, by remaining extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact. Is this something that interests you? Join our proud team that is passionately committed to supporting minority businesses to grow profitably.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: FT Internship, 6 months with the possibility to convert to part-time, or full-time upon performance review and current business needs
Reports to: Director of Operations and Human Resources
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the HR and Operations team, and CEO in managing and creating reports and presentations to distribute to NMSDC committees.
- Effectively communicate with all internal NMSDC departments to effectively manage data to ensure all information included in reports and presentations is accurate.
- Produce high quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Handle regular activities without prompting and advise in advance with issues or delays.
- MBA/MS degree in Communications, Organizational Leadership, or related field required
- 3+ years’ experience in communications required
- 2+ years in non-profit, or government setting preferred
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations, and proven experience interacting with senior management
- Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills is a must, and knowledge in other interactive presentations like Prezi, Canva etc. highly preferred
- Assist with creating project plans, and work on special projects as requested
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization
- Paid Internship: $$$, no benefits offered
Founded in 1972 and headquartered in New York, NMSDC is the most influential and successful organization in the United States advocating for successful partnerships between the nation’s top corporations and minority businesses from the Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American communities. NMSDC’s 1,500 and growing membership includes top companies in the private and public sectors, as well as universities, hospitals, and other institutions. The NMSDC’s 23 regional councils certify and match more than 14,000 Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American-owned businesses with member corporations that want to purchase their products, services, and solutions.