Summer Internship Project Goal:
To better serve our corporate members, NMSDC is seeking to identify an effective mechanism that consolidates information about the diverse businesses that each organization certifies. The summer internship will examine the feasibility of developing a joint database and propose a process, including budget and timeline, and mutually beneficial business model options for moving to a coordinated database that provides our mutual corporate members a single intelligent tool to search for diverse businesses while providing businesses with multiple diversity designations a streamlined way to get certified with multiple certification NGOs.
- Develop an understanding of corporations’ procurement and supplier diversity spend reporting processes.
- Research nonprofit and for-profit solutions in the marketplace for consolidating and reporting diverse suppliers and cleansing diverse spending data.
- Recommending a single and intelligent tool consolidating and reporting diverse suppliers and cleansing diverse spending data.
- Analyzing the feasibility of developing a certified diverse supplier database to disperse across the NGOs (NMSDC, WBENC, NGLCC, etc.*) to consolidate spend reporting across dimensions of diversity.
- Analyze the implications of a move to consolidated databases could have on NGOs’ funding sources and develop solutions to sustain and grow NGOs’ funding.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Part-time, temporary/internship
If you are interested in this role, please email NMSDC with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pursuing a Master’s in technology, or business
- 2-3 years in IT/Technology knowledge or experience for background knowledge
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Available to work remotely.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Up to $25 hourly
- Start Early/Mid-June 8 weeks internship
- Benefits: No benefits for this seasonal role
National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC); Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC); National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC); Non-governmental organizations (NGO).