“Equity” and “equality” may sound very similar to some. However, there is a clear distinction between the two — one that Maria Prince, Vice President of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), detailed in a recent interview.
Dear NMSDC Community,
In partnership with Voya Financial®, NMSDC is providing 25 need-based cash relief grants of $5,000 to small businesses (with annual revenue up to $1 million).
To apply, fill out the application by April 23, 2021. Grant awardees will be notified on or before May 7, 2021.
This grant opportunity is for businesses certified as minority-owned, women-owned, LGBTQ-owned, or owned by people with disabilities.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
NMSDC and Voya Financial Team
Vice President NMSDC Academy
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Minority Supplier Development Council advances business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connects them to corporate members. To achieve our mission, we will work through the NMSDC Network to support and facilitate MBE integration into corporate and public-sector supply chains; build MBE capacity and capabilities through our programs and other education offerings; and facilitate MBE-to-MBE partnerships to meet the needs of our corporate members. The National Minority Supplier Development Council Inc. ® (NMSDC®) is one of the country’s leading corporate membership organizations. Whether you’re a small minority-owned organization or a billion-dollar powerhouse, we’re committed to helping you solve the growing need for supplier diversity.
Job Location: New York
Employment Status: Full-Time
This is an administrative role that supports the Marketing & Communications department in executing and monitoring communications strategies. This role involves creating public relations and marketing materials such as press releases, blog posts, and newsletters. This role involves tracking and reporting analytics on marketing and communications campaigns and coordinating promotional events. This role requires strong writing and editing skills, a high level of creativity and the ability to think analytically. This is a hands-on position and will require assisting and supporting other departments.
- Write a variety of different content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, and brochures and press releases
- Required to assist with President’s presentations and communications
- Responsible for sending email blast communications
- Assist communications team in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further company objectives
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press
- Plan press conferences and other promotional events to help keep the organization top of mind
- Coordinate volunteers, support staff, vendors and more to support promotional events
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers and build strategic partnerships to grow brand notoriety
- Deliver on multiple deadlines, prioritize effectively and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Cultivate and extend strategic alliances with sponsors, speakers and media
- Other duties as needed
- 5 years experience in a communications or marketing
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines • An analytical mind and ability to think critically
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint and capable of creating visually compelling presentations
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or a similar program
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required
- Demonstrated experience strategic marketing and communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in social media strategies
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experienced in speech writing, general business writing and writing for both media and broadcast
- Working experience with creative graphic design, event branding, event production and oversight of ROS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop, PowerPoint)
- Proficient/Competent in WordPress (webpage development), HTML, CSS and Adobe Illustrator and InDesign or similar programs
- Proficient in the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- Advanced knowledge in email marketing tools, content management systems and Google Analytics
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Personal Effectiveness
- Effective Communication
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Project Management
- Customer Focus
- Result Orientation
- Peer Relationships
Once again, we find ourselves struggling to comprehend the horror of more lives lost and forever changed because of racially motivated violence. Our hearts are broken for the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community, especially those impacted by last week’s shootings in Atlanta as well as the countless others suffering from persecution and targeted attacks in communities across the nation.
Aggression against AAPI people and companies—specifically small and AAPI-owned businesses—while not new, has intensified at a disturbing rate in recent weeks. NMSDC stands in solidarity with our friends, neighbors, and colleagues and the entire AAPI community in denouncing these recent incidents and all instances of violent behavior, specifically when motivated by hatred, intolerance, and prejudice.
NMSDC remains dedicated to advancing conversations, initiatives, and programs which unite us as business leaders and as citizens of the world in our shared fight against intolerance. We choose to be optimistic that through our combined efforts, positive social changes are possible.
Please join NMSDC and our 23 Regional Affiliates in being strong advocates for fairness and equity and to #StopAAPIHate.
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Dominique Simpson Milton
Peter F. Hurst, Jr.
Ingrid M. Robinson
Michelle Sourie Robinson
Jacqueline D. Neal
Mr. Francisco S. Cabrera
Ms. Virginia Gomez
Mr. Alvin-o Williams
Ms. Karen Box
Ms. Cheri Henderson
Mr. Cecil Plummer