Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com
The Staff Accountant, Grants & Contracts serves as an integral member of the Finance and Accounting team and the key expectations for this role are to demonstrate strong and effective management over the monthly closing and reporting process specific to fund accounting for grants, contracts and other third-party agreements and the allocation of funds to the regional councils.
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with NMSDC’s fund allocation policies as well as funders administrative/accounting guidelines, timely receipt of project revenue, accurate tracking of project spending, timely and accurate submission of financial reports and orderly closing of funded projects financial activity.
The ideal candidate should have great attention to details, well experienced in professional accounting, and excellent written and communications skills, must believe in NMSDC’s mission, extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact
Is this something that interests you? Join our proud team that is passionately committed to supporting minority businesses to grow profitably.
- Review all funder agreements to ensure proper revenue recognition, determine restrictions, and ensure compliance obligations are adhered to funder requirements
- Develop a contract/grant financial performance tracking report with budget to actual detail variance analysis and commentary and provide copy to project managers and/or program directors
- Coordinate the development of grant budgets
- Review postings into the general ledger and related financial records to ensure revenue and expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets
- Reconcile all charges made to designated program funds (grant funding), prepare periodic reports to funding sources, close out completed programs, and reconcile total expenses to authorized funding
- Maintain grant/contract files and provide funders with required supporting documentation needed to comply with grant/contract requirements
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of data required for the annual performance review of regional councils to determine performance bonuses and council of the year
- Calculate distribution of dues to regional councils and ensure timely payments to Regional Councils.
- Prepare dues distribution reports to the regional councils on a quarterly basis
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, forecast and variance analysis
- Establish and maintain purchase order system for all agreements between NMSDC and third-party consultants and contract service providers
- Prepare reconciliations for annual audit; perform ad hoc projects as needed
- Professional competence and thorough knowledge of accounting principles and sound internal controls practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Dynamics or other fund accounting software
- Strong systems and technical experience
- Experience with general ledger analysis and the month-end/year-end close process
- Ability to reconcile large transactional files (pivot tables experience preferred)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills; excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines