The Emerging Young Entrepreneurs (EYE) program was created to support a commitment by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) to advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connect them to corporate members.
A uniquely designed year long program will provide the next generation of minority millennial entrepreneurs who will support the needs of corporate members, MBEs and additional stakeholders.
EYE will utilize an interactive pre and post conference curriculum along with five days of hands-on training and practical application. Participants are provided the skills, tools and strategies to start or grow innovative businesses.
EYE is an intensive transformational learning and development program designed to provide blueprints to millennial entrepreneurs, whether at conception or during emerging phases of business ownership to outline realistic next steps to developing a sustainable business and maximizing business growth opportunities with special interest in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Entrepreneurs tackle important business issues as they move through assessments, think tanks, feasibility, and execution stages of new venture creation. This program’s expertise includes industry professionals, executives, and faculty members.
Who is eligible to apply?
- A minority college student Junior – Graduate OR A minority individual age 19-35 with a business idea or who is a current business owner
- Participants must commit to attend all program activities and provide the necessary feedback after the commencement of the program
- Have an innovative business or idea
What type of businesses are considered?
- Not currently NMSDC certified
- Innovative businesses
- Entrepreneurs or startups that can solve current business, community, or life challenges
How long is the program?
- The EYE program is a year long commitment with 5-days of hands on training and practical application.
- The participants are engaged pre and post conference to continue the development and track progress
What are the program objectives?
- Aspiring entrepreneurs learn the 5 key areas of running a successful business
- Understand the needs of businesses and organizations to build innovative solutions
- Increase the participants’ business acumen to help millennials start, grow, and succeed as small business owners
- Provide high potential minority millennials professional development and access to business leaders
- Build a pipeline of certified minority businesses
- Build the NMSDC brand awareness in the millennial community
- Provide corporations and MBEs access to high potential minority millennials