Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com
The Chief Growth Officer is responsible for providing strategic fundraising efforts to ensure the financial stability and growth of the organization.
To be considered for this role, candidates must believe in NMSDC’s mission, by remaining extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: 1 year consultant, renewable
Travel Requirements: Moderate travel for company business and events; 15-25%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Chief Growth Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer and President
- As a vital member of the NMSDC national office executive leadership team, the Chief Growth Officer serves as a key thought partner and collaborator to senior leadership and the Board and drive strategy and initiatives, drastically expanding NMSDC universe of donors and widening the aperture for organizational impact
- Serve as principal fundraising strategist and provides the leadership, strategy and management of significant growth in contributed revenue
- Develop and implement short term and long-term fund-raising goals and fund development plans that align with the overall strategic plan for organizational revenue growth.
- Cultivate and solicit seven- figure and eight-figure recurring gifts. Create opportunities to build a “home” for supporters and donors, ensuring long-term engagement and giving.
- Significantly expand the size of the major donor pool and its diversity
- Partner with the marcom team to develop and evolve the overall messaging and PR activities to influence public and donor opinion and attitudes
- Partner with program and events team to create compelling fundraising programs, boost fundraising efforts and celebrate contributions of significant donors.
- Fundraising Expertise: 10+ years of experience and relationships with individual and institutional donor constituencies, and a strong track record as a proven fundraiser, including: personally, cultivating and successfully soliciting principal gifts; using data to drive strategy and decisions; and developing the case for support across a broad universe of donors. History leading a successful, comprehensive development function that includes a range of fundraising disciplines, while also personally maintaining a portfolio of donors.
- Executive Leadership Experience: Experience driving development strategy and execution in a C-Suite role, in a high integrity, inclusive way. Proven ability to understand the operating environment, and engage with stakeholders, internal and external, to define and achieve impact. History of strong partnership with a CEO, board, and other executive leaders to strategically advance the fundraising successes and impact of an organization.
- Development Team Leadership Experience: Phenomenal organizational leader and people manager with a track record of leading teams around a vision and through organizational change. Proven ability to structure, staff, and lead a cohesive, goal-oriented, and successful development team that includes a full and comprehensive complement of fundraising teams, including individual giving, institutional giving, direct response, events, development operations, and planned giving.
- Relationship Building & Collaboration: Ability to listen deeply, cultivate connections, break down silos, foster collaboration, and build a culture of trust across the organization, and with external stakeholders and donors. History of building lasting relationships at all levels of an organization. Ability to establish credibility and trust with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to articulate a compelling vision and value proposition
- Marketing and financial management knowledge. They must understand organizational behavior, governance
- Proven track record of managing and implementing fund and charitable contribution development programs
- Knowledge and familiarity with using CRM system
- Act with sense of urgency and accountability in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about minority business development and racial wealth gap closure
- A bachelor’s degree required; a master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred.