We are proud of what NMSDC has achieved and the challenges we have overcome over the past 50 years. However, we have a long way to go to close the racial wealth gap and achieve economic equity.
In 2022, as we celebrate our 50th anniversary, we are taking game changing actions to tackle the BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal) of growing NMSDC certified MBE revenue to $1 Trillion in the coming years and help our nation advance economic equity.
A career within Project Management services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organizations balance long term strategies and short-term imperatives to optimize their investments and strategic activity required to achieve the organization’s business objectives. We are looking for a meticulous and detail-oriented experienced individual who will be responsible to build and maintain a centralized and holistic Project Management Office (PMO) that will support the various projects, programs, and governance across the organization.
This role will require close partnership between internal team leaders and functions to deliver on achieving process efficiency, standardization, problem solving, best practices and ingraining a cultural mindset of continuous improvement. An ideal candidate will possess the ability to inspire and motivate the team, as well as have excellent communication skills and the capability to create and maintain relationships with current and potential customers at various professional levels.
If interested, please apply at :- https://portal.optevus.com/view-job-details/108
Job Location: Remote/Preferred Location: New York
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Transformation Officer
Travel Requirements: Travel required for company business development and organizations events; 10-15%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the end-to-end project management to support the strategic business units and operational goals of the organization.
- Assess business readiness, develop project scope, lead projects/programs for the transformational efforts
- Manage day-to-day oversight of multitude of projects within the scope of PMO. The Project Manager will, in collaboration with core team members, develop working groups comprised of SMEs across cross-functional business units.
- Prepare, maintain, and update project plans, agendas, and systems set-up for Projects. This includes determining project steps, activities, the sequence of events, critical success paths, dependencies, and the duration of tasks.
- Establish and track milestones, and delivery dates for the Project and underlying process enhancements.
- Identify and acquire appropriate resources needed, ensuring availability necessary for project deliverables. Manage resources within respective departments, other internal departments, outside service providers as well as materials committed to the projects.
- Serve as a central point of contact to routinely relay, facilitate, and keep stakeholders apprised of the project’s status and respond to questions or inquiries regarding the project including delivering presentations to senior staff.
- Maintain open communications and relationships with clients, external vendors, as well as the project team, coordinating and conducting meetings as appropriate.
- Monitor project deliverables and progress through the duration of the project plan, managing deviations as appropriate, including project scope. Identify factors jeopardizing the project and escalates issues as appropriate, recommending solutions to senior project team members.
- Develop and manage procurements activities (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.) from development through vendor selection for assigned projects or ongoing business unit support.
- Be an integral member of the executive office team and oversee deliverables of organizational assets (presentations, documentation, meeting minutes etc..) to the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and ELT
Qualifications / Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in, business administration, or related field required
- PMPÒ and/or ACPÒ Certification required
- 7 or more years’ experience in project management with proven success in leading large-scale global programs at enterprise level, including full life-cycle system deployments
- Project management experience in cross-functional systems implementations of ERP and/or CRM systems is a plus
- Demonstrated skills in working effectively across business lines and partnering to meet common objectives
- Able to manage a detailed project plan
- Capable of handling complex conversations with leaders of the organization
- Action-oriented, but detailed and organized
- Strong business acumen, knows how the business works, and is aware of external best practices
- Interpersonal savvy: good relationships up and down the organization, can drive change and tactfully resolve situations of conflict
- Ability to communicate complex topics to diverse audiences (ability to simplify)
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization
- The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, 401K Plan, Short-Term Disability, Term Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Pay, Performance Bonus – tied to the financial health of organization & individual performance
NMSDC was created in 1972 in responding to calling for racial justice. For the last 50 years, NMSDC has been connecting and advocating for the inclusion of minority business enterprises (MBEs). Because we believe every business deserves an unbiased chance. By helping Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, and Native American businesses push forward, we are shaping a better world for all.
Our Network is Unmatched!
- 15,000+ Certified MBEs
- 1,500+ Corporate Members
- 23 Regional Councils
- NMSDC Business Consortium Fund/CDFI
- 5 International Affiliates
- Extensive NGO and Government partnerships
Our Results are Extraordinary!
- $400+ billion in economic output annually
- $48 billion generated in tax revenue
- 2 million jobs