Reginald E. Humphrey
Assistant Director, Supplier Engagement
General Motors, Global Purchasing & Manufacturing Services
Reggie Humphrey leads the Supplier Engagement team for GM’s Global Purchasing & Manufacturing Services organization. His teams are responsible for various activities regarding supplier governance, relationships, inclusion, and performance. Reggie began his career journey in 1995 as a Production Supervisor at the Moraine Assembly Center in Moraine, OH. In 1998, he relocated to the Detroit metro area and has since worked in several operational and strategic planning roles within multiple organizations including; Order Fulfillment, Logistics, Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Global Business Solutions.
In addition to Reggie’s core responsibilities, he serves as a voluntary board member for several organizations including the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council, and as the Advisory Board Chairman for the Tuck Diverse Business Executive Education Programs at Dartmouth College.
Reggie has been recognized as the 2018 CAMSC Procurement Business Advocate of the Year, 2018 WBENC Applause Award, 2018 APACC Luminary Award, 2017 WBENC National Corporate Advocate of the Year, 2016 Emerging Leader from the Rainbow Push Coalition, 2015 NMSDC Minority Supplier Development Leader of the Year, 2015 GLWBC Corporate Champion of the Year, 2015 Global Community Service Award from the Ajamu Group and the 2015 MMSDC President’s Award. In addition, GM has received the following awards under his leadership:
- 2020-19 WBENC Top Corporation-Platinum
- 2019-2014 “Best in Class -Excellence in Supplier Diversity” by GLWBC
- 2018 Corporation of the Year- Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce
- 2018-2016 WBENC Top Corporation-Gold
- 2017 Corporation of the Year- Great Lakes Women’s Business Council (GLWBC)
- 2017 Corporation of the Year- National Business League
- 2017-2015 NMSDC Corporation of the Year: Category Award for Supplier Development
- 2016 Corporation of the Year: MMSDC, MHCC, and APACC
Reggie holds a B.S. in Finance from Alabama A&M University and a M.S.A. from Central Michigan University.