- Industry groups and committees.
- RFPs/Business leads/Alerts for procurement opportunities from corporate members.
- eNewsletters and calendar of events.
- Webinars and educational programs.
- Networking and matchmaking events.
Benefits of Certification
National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) certification for minority business enterprises (MBEs) comes with numerous benefits and services, including educational programs plus a wide range of networking opportunities.
- Access — MBEs have exposure to 17,000+ other MBEs to engage in business opportunities and the ability to form partnering relationships, strategic alliances, and/or joint ventures for success.
- Conferences & Exchanges — NMSDC and its regional affiliates hold the largest U.S. conferences focused on minority business development. MBEs can present themselves to hundreds of prospective buyers, government agencies, and procurement professionals in a single setting.
- Capacity Building — NMSDC has created capital access opportunities for MBEs throughout their business life cycle through our partnership with the Business Consortium Fund, the Growth Initiative Certification, and Capital Managers Program.
- Contract Opportunities – NMSDC facilitates business connections between buying agencies and MBEs, which sets the foundation for future partnering and business opportunities.
- Customized Education and Development— NMSDC offers a wide range of programs and other concentrated training and technical assistance to create stronger and sustainable businesses while developing leadership tools for our MBE CEOs.
- Networking Opportunities — NMSDC helps to create connections to expand your network and business relationships.
*For more information, we encourage you to contact the regional affiliate nearest to your company headquarters
The 23 NMSDC regional affiliates provide standard services to MBEs without additional charges.
- Certification process.
- Pre-certification briefing.
- Post-certification briefing.
- Inclusion in and access to NMSDC Central.
- Discounted fees for registration at NMSDC national events.
- Eligibility for participation in NMSDC development programs.
- Advocacy for minority-owned businesses.
A regional affiliate may offer certain enhanced services, subject to availability, to certified MBEs for no additional cost.
MBEs who choose to do business in a service area other than the certifying regional affiliate geographic area can elect a set of subscription services from each regional affiliate. The suite of services offered by a regional affiliate may reflect the unique capabilities of the council, such as industry expertise, geographical proximity to desired potential customers, or development programs for certified MBEs.
Some examples of subscription services are:
- Access to top corporate purchasing agents
- Premium business connection outings and networking events
- Region or industry-specific newsletters
- Vital introductions to national corporate members
- Specialized procurement conferences and trade fairs
- Supplier diversity summits and roundtable discussions
- Professional development fellowships
- Mentor-Protégé pairings and other educational or development programs
- Technical and/or financial assistance and support
*Subscription services may be purchased as a bundle of services or on a pay-as-you-go basis. For more information, we encourage you to contact the regional affiliate nearest to your company headquarters