An elevator pitch, elevator speech, or elevator statement is a short description of an idea, product, or company that explains the concept in a way that any listener can understand it in a short period of time.
What should an elevator pitch say?
An elevator pitch should be concise and easy to understand so that you can deliver the message within 60 seconds. Elevator pitches can be used in various situations including introducing oneself at job interviews, conversing with people at in-person gatherings, interacting during virtual meetings, or selling a business idea to potential clients or customers.
What is in the elevator pitch?
How do I sell myself in 45-60 seconds?
The goal of the elevator pitch is to address the crucial points to the listeners as part of business etiquette. Since an elevator pitch should be as short as possible, here’s what you should consider when crafting a perfect elevator pitch in a limited time:
- Introduction: Introduce yourself with a smile on your face and maintain eye contact. Tell your audience about what you do and your background in brief.
- Address the problem: Identify the pain points that the audience could be facing.
- Have you ever noticed…
- Is it me or…
- Imagine if you…
- Did you ever face…
- Offer the solution: As soon as you have identified the pain points, you can introduce your business or idea. Remember, you need to be specific here.
- Highlight your specialties: Prove how you stand out from the crowd and what makes you unique. Tell them how they will benefit from your service or solution. It will help if you sound promising and positive.
What are elevator pitch examples?
How do you introduce yourself in the elevator pitch?
Hi! My name is Blake. It’s a pleasure meeting you. I am currently working as a Learning Design Manager specializing in production and execution of training course design and documentation for businesses and large corporations. I also manage projects and communicate regularly with clients and internal parties. Apart from my 11 years of professional experience, I completed a postgraduate degree in Business Administration from XYZ University with a focus on consumer credibility and business finance.
- The average attention span of human beings is 20 minutes, while corporate learners are expected to sit all day long for training courses, minutes after we barely remember all that was taught. Thanks to advanced learning tools that have cut down the duration of courses to between ten to 20 minutes with higher impact and learner engagement.
- Did your manager ever ask you to submit the report for the entire month by the end of the day? You know it’s impossible to deliver such a nerve-racking task in a blink. Since my team members constantly struggled with this problem as finance executives, they launched a one-stop solution to this problem by introducing a tool that centralizes all your data and information in one place and generates the report in a fraction of a second.
- Thanks for reaching out! I noticed that your close competitors are pretty ahead of you in annual growth. After conducting a competitive analysis, it turns out that you are facing problems with employee productivity. How has your experience been with remote work? Suppose you are looking forward to improved planning and delegation of tasks. In that case, I could walk you through some productivity figures if you want to introduce project management software to your workflow that will guarantee enhanced productivity and better collaboration.
What are the three things your elevator pitch includes?
Your elevator pitch allows you to share your strengths and expertise and build connections. Therefore, you should do it the right way.
- Clarity of thoughts: Make sure to add a good start to the conversation and avoid jargon. Speak slowly and clearly. Organize your thoughts, be concise, and stick to the key points.
- Giving a solution to the problem: By offering the solution, you will be able to position yourself in some way.
- Personalized: Your audience should resonate with you. Therefore, you should target as per their needs, likings, and interests.
How do you pitch an idea?
Restrict your elevator pitch to 45-60 seconds. Construct it in such a way that it sparks the listener’s curiosity and interest and try to make it conversational.
Want to get more successful? Learn more about Elevator Pitch at
How to Register
Visit www.nmsdclearning.com to register and subscribe to the plan that best suits your needs.