|On Thursday, February 3, 2022, at 10 am (ET), NMSDC CEO and President, Ying McGuire, will provide congressional testimony to the U.S. House Financial Services Subcommittee on Diversity & Inclusion in a hearing titled “Building Opportunity: Addressing the Financial Barriers to Minority and Women-Owned Businesses’ Involvement in Infrastructure Projects.”|
There will be one panel with the following witnesses:
• Farad Ali, President & CEO, Asociar
• Tawanna Black, President and CEO, Center for Economic Inclusion
• Philip Gaskin, Vice President of Entrepreneurship, Kauffman Foundation
• Ying McGuire, President & CEO, National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
• Jeanette Quick, Head of Compliance and Public Policy, Gusto
This hearing will explore challenges faced by minority-owned businesses, women-owned
businesses, and small businesses in obtaining the capital necessary to participate equally in federal contracting opportunities. The hearing will explore possible solutions to encourage the creation and growth of diverse entrepreneurs’ businesses.
This hearing will also consider legislative proposals to ameliorate challenges faced by minority- and women-owned small businesses.
>> Click here for the Committee Memorandum