If you are looking for an internship where you can genuinely make a difference in the national workforce, come apply today! Join our proud team that is passionately committed to supporting minority businesses to grow profitably.
We are looking for a Cyber Security intern that has excellent communication skills that can act as a point of contact of security for maintenance. This person needs to understand the requirements for customers and internal requirements for cybersecurity. Project management for penetration testing and email phishing campaign. We are looking for a creative team player that has a passion to make a difference. To be considered for this role, candidates must believe in NMSDC’s mission, by remaining extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact. Is this something that interests you?
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Consultant: Internship, 4 months with the possibility to convert to part-time, or full-time upon performance review and current business needs
Travel Requirements: Moderate travel for company business and events; 15-25%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Would be a liaison between NMSDC and Cyber Security Company
- Make sure the Cybersecurity company has all they need
- Training staff and customers
- Identify risks and make recommendations
- Make recommendations on current policy and procedures, best practices and monitor ongoing changes
- Penetration testing project
- Email phishing campaign: test our users by creating a phishing campaign and measure the clickthrough and response rates.
- Master’s in Computer Science, or related field required
- 2-3 years in IT field
- Must possess excellent problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Available to work remotely
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization
- This is a paid internship. No benefits offered
Founded in 1972 and headquartered in New York, NMSDC is the most influential and successful organization in the United States advocating for successful partnerships between the nation’s top corporations and minority businesses from the Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American communities. NMSDC’s 1,500 and growing membership includes top companies in the private and public sectors, as well as universities, hospitals, and other institutions. The NMSDC’s 23 regional councils certify and match more than 14,000 Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American-owned businesses with member corporations that want to purchase their products, services, and solutions.
We are proud of what NMSDC has achieved and the challenges we have overcome over the past 50 years. However, we have a long way to go to close the racial wealth gap and achieve economic equity. In 2022, as we celebrate our 50th anniversary, we are taking game changing actions to tackle the BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal) of growing NMSDC certified MBE revenue to $1 Trillion in the coming years and help our nation advance economic equity. Does being a part of this historic change interest you?