The Development Manager is responsible for securing critical funding for NMSDC’s mission and programs. The Development Manager will support the work of the Chief Growth Officer by leading the annual fund and stewardship program, researching foundations and corporations, and providing technical support on related fundraising activities and Hispanic outreach activities.
To be considered for this role, candidates must believe in NMSDC’s mission, by remaining extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact. Is this something that interests you? Join our proud team that is passionately committed to supporting minority businesses to grow profitably.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Full Time, Exempt
Travel Requirements: Moderate travel for company business and events; 15-25%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to accomplish the goals of the Chief Growth Officer.
- Contribute to NMSDCs annual fundraising goal of $5+Million (operations and capital) by managing an increasingly productive portfolio of donors with ongoing success.
- Work to identify and qualify potential new donors through visits, phone calls, and video meetings to establish relationships that will result in gifts to NMSDC.
- Create, execute, and track the moves management strategy for all donors in the assigned donor portfolio. Prepare monthly reports for the CGO.
- Work with the grant writing consultant on ensuring that moves management is up to date and follow-up is being conducted.
- Work collaboratively with other team members, and marketing and communications staff to identify and implement strategies for donor research, identification, prospecting, solicitations, and cultivation.
- Provide personal acknowledgment for donor gifts and ensure timely and appropriate thank you letters, calls, and outreach have been sent by the department.
- Regularly analyze and report results against established goals and metrics; modify donor engagement strategies as necessary and appropriate to meet revenue goals.
- Collaborate with other team members on special donor events or meetings including, but not limited to, major donor events, special marketing events, planned giving events, and other donor-specific events.
- Help coordinate the monthly Steering Committee meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Maintain positive, active relationships with staff and donors to ensure ongoing support of NMSDC and the people we serve.
- Must know and be able to work with the following programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and other software programs important to the success of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a combination of education and work experience
- 5 years of related experience
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, and presentation skills
- Highly efficient in the utilization of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and the ability to learn proprietary systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
The person in this position frequently communicates with internal and external stakeholders (food bank leadership and staff, donors, etc.). Must be able to gather and exchange accurate information in these situations. This position requires occasional local travel for meetings (reliable transportation is needed), fundraising events, or professional development opportunities. Infrequent national and/or overnight travel may be required for donor meetings or optional professional development opportunities. Occasional night, weekend, or on-call work may be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, 401K Plan, Short-Term Disability, Term Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Pay, Performance Bonus – tied to the financial health of the organization & individual performance
NMSDC was created in 1972 in responding to calling for racial justice. For the last 50 years, NMSDC has been connecting and advocating for the inclusion of minority business enterprises (MBEs). Because we believe every business deserves an unbiased chance. By helping Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, and Native American businesses push forward, we are shaping a better world for all.
Our Network is Unmatched!
- 15,000+ Certified MBEs
- 1,500+ Corporate Members
- 23 Regional Councils
- NMSDC Business Consortium Fund/CDFI
- 5 International Affiliates
- Extensive NGO and Government partnerships
Our Results are Extraordinary!
- $400+ billion in economic output annually
- $48 billion generated in tax revenue
- 2 million jobs