Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Programs, NMSDC Academy will be responsible to execute strategies for programs and educational offerings that support the mission of NMSDC to advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises (MBEs) by integrating them into corporate and public sector supply chains, build MBE capacity and capabilities to promote growth and facilitate MBE-MBE partnerships to meet the needs of our corporate members.
In this high-impact role, you will work closely with the Vice President of Academy, assisting with program development in collaboration with different stakeholders and ensure programs are executed and managed effectively and efficiently. A keen understanding of established and emerging practices in supplier diversity, minority business advancement, a deep network among them and ability to manage multi-faceted programs will help you thrive in this role.
The ideal candidate should possess exceptional verbal and written communications skills and an energy and passion for program development and driving results, should believe in NMSDC’s mission, extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact.
Is this something that interests you? Join our proud team that is passionately committed to supporting minority businesses to grow profitably.
- Define strategy for programming and education offerings to support NMSDC four organizational pillars (certify, connect, develop and advocate)
- Execute programming strategy for all non-conference and conference meetings and events for NMSDC
- Develop specialized, targeted programming and educational offerings for constituency groups across the network (women of color, emerging young entrepreneurs, corporate program managers, corporate plus, MBEs. etc.)
- Responsible for directing and leading key program and industry group committees
- Drive E-Learning strategy, development, and curation of educational content
- Perform market research on current trends, future needs, and requirements of an ever-changing supply chain across multiple industries, best practices, growth opportunities and other economic factors useful to minority businesses and corporate members
- Develop and leverage best practices and provide thought leadership (white papers, research)
- Develop and execute relevant programs in partnership with key grant funding sources
- Previous experience in supply chain management, supplier diversity or related discipline strongly preferred
- Must demonstrate passion and commitment to the advancement, advocacy, and development of Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American owned businesses
- Experience or expertise with various analytics tools a plus, such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in working with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally, with all levels of organizations
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and coordinate workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines