Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer & President, the Executive Assistant is passionately committed to advancing the mission of our organization and provides comprehensive support in a one-on-one working relationship.
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the CEO & President and serves as a liaison to the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors and oversees special projects.
This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, fast- paced environment that is mission-focused, results-driven and customer service oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Job Location: Remote/Preferred Location: Austin
Employment Status: Full-Time
- Provide comprehensive support services within the Executive Office Team that ensures outstanding communication and responsiveness
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day- to-day engagements
- Creative writing for CEO’s speaking engagements, scripts for events, external meetings
- Acts as a liaison with the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, other departments, affiliates, MBEs and external partners; handling confidential and non-routine information
- Anticipate CEO’s needs, as well as plan, prioritize and organize the activities, offering a “gatekeeper” & “gateway” support, creating win-win situations for direct access to CEO’s time
- Proactively, create CEO’s travel plans, prepare detailed itineraries, agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings and speaking engagements; includes timely completion of expense and mileage reports
- Develop presentation and various documents that correspond to CEO’s meetings, speaking engagements, event attendance and have deliverables in advance for review and finalization
- Proofreads organization wide documents for spelling, grammar/format and making appropriate changes
- Work with the Executive Office Team to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials by external stakeholders, regarding the CEO & President and the organization in general
- Proactively prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously and follows-through on requests to successful completion with attention to details; often with deadline pressures
- Work with a diverse group of key executives internal and external in addition to employees and customers. Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives. Nonprofit board experience is highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Preferred marketing and creative writing skills, with high level of imagination and visual narration capabilities
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including executive leadership team and staff, Board of Directors, corporate executives, MBEs, and partners.
- Technically advanced and capable in scheduling and hosting virtual meetings using zoom, teams & others, seamlessly
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability and emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, act with a sense of urgency and ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Advanced knowledge of MS office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms, interactive presentation tools like Canva, Prezi preferred
- Forward looking thinker, highly agile, actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task; effectively manage up