Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidate must have a thorough understanding of all principles of quality journalism, have excellent photographic skills and technical expertise with digital cameras and audio/video equipment and have strong computer skills, including fluency in Photoshop and related software, video editing, audio editing, web galleries and general posting, and internet research skills. This is a hands-on position.
Job Location: New York
Employment Status: Full-Time
Emphasis of this role is to design, develop and manage website(s), video(s), photo(s), including miscellaneous graphic assets that drive engagement, retention, and conversion metrics. The Digital Marketing Manager-Graphic Designer will be responsible for Website management, conceptualizing, writing, producing, filming, and having “best-in-class” editing skills; producing high-quality NMSDC videos that will drive digital engagement across all platforms. Able to create captivating visual narratives by imagery or video that easily informs and engages with our target audiences.
Pitches innovative ideas for stories, photos, or any other form of multimedia that will align with our target audience. Initiative-taker in visual content creation and always on-target with deliverables. Primarily will be in the marketing department but will be working closely with all internal departments and external creative partner agencies.
- Consistently reviewing, editing, and updating web content of the NMSDC website; including creating and coding webpages, ensuring it is user-friendly, accurate, and relevant.
- Consulting with various content owners, including stakeholders; to design, develop, and implement accurate/interactive content across webpages.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any technical problems with the website; and recommending changes as needed.
- Produces and designs collateral material, ensuring it consistently meets brand standards. Collateral may include brochures, data sheets, posters, presentation material, multimedia, Illustration, logo design, exhibit material, print ads, banner ads and packaging.
- Strongly supports digital engagement programs with captivating media content, including graphics, photos, and videos; as well as content on as Facebook, Linkedln, Twitter, lnstagram, YouTube, and any other interactive social media platforms.
- Strong content creation for website and social media.
- Production background: can make technical, also creative decisions regarding filming locations, lighting, camera angles, appropriate sound equipment, and any additional measure to ensure success.
- Handles on-site preproduction meetings, studio and field-based video content.
- Works with outside vendors as necessary to create animations, motion graphics, and video content.
- Can start an archive of all digital files, while maintaining a physical library for reference for all projects.
- Easily identifies and obtains necessary camera equipment.
- Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment, including cameras, audio, lighting, any props, and miscellaneous items.
- Supports the team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects, creating graphics, and presenting to management or other key players.
- Helps to sustain and guide creative process.
- Assists in developing interview questions and storyboards.
- Initializes and maintains relationships with outside creative agencies and freelance artists.
- May be required to occasionally work hours outside of the normal 40-hour workweek including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Occasional travel required. And other duties as assigned.
- Lead, provide guidance and nurture direct reports as it relates to their daily responsibilities and obtaining defined goals; also guides external marketing/communication vendors
- Translate vision into actionable plans, measurable in quantitative and qualitative terms; includes working with media, regional councils and key stakeholders such as corporate and government partners
- Collaborate with execute leadership teams and key departments such as Corporate Relations, Programs and Conference Meeting and Events to provide direction and implement their marketing and communication needs timely
- Establish processes to align/streamline marketing and communication efforts between NMSDC and our regional affiliates
- Build strong relationship with our Arts, Media, Entertainment and Sports (AEMS) industry group to identify and secure speakers, emcees and high profile personalities for our key events
- Identifies trends and opportunities as well as keeping abreast of the industry and constantly look for new opportunities as well as best practices • Operationalize, set clear SLA, and content need for all internal and external requests
- Develop/Refine and maintains company’s annual marketing and events calendar
- Deliver on multiple deadlines, prioritize effectively and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading trade publications
- Work to create and distribute reports (digital or hard copy) to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Ensure long term, mutually beneficial, relationships with media partners
- Cultivate and extend strategic alliances with sponsors, speakers and media
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required, advanced degree is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications, media relations, and marketing program to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing social media strategies
- Excellent judgement and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, NMSDC’s Board of Directors and staff.
- Experienced in speech writing, general business writing and writing for both media and broadcast
- Working experience with creative graphic design, event branding, event production and oversight of ROS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Photoshop, PowerPoint)
- Proficient/Competent in WordPress (webpage development), HTML, CSS and Adobe Illustrator and InDesign or similar programs
- Proficient in the following social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- Advanced knowledge in email marketing tools, content management systems and Google Analytics Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations
- In film, graphic design, web design/management, visual communications, advertising, multi- media or related fields required.
- An understanding of branding, marketing, and consumer behavior and the ability to apply that knowledge to design.
- Videography, video editing, photography, photo editing and general graphic design skills a requirement.
- Proficiency in OS X platforms with extensive experience in lnDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and Microsoft office including PowerPoint/Keynote/Prezi knowledge
- Proficiency in Flash, Fireworks, HTML, CSS required. Word Press or other content management system.
- Demonstrated accuracy with details and commitment to high standards of quality.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented individual with the ability to drive results yet work independently.
- Ability to establish and develop strong relationships with departmental and organizational leaders, and champion a culture of teamwork, continuous learning and improvement while upholding the values of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while producing quality work.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The following NMSDC Leadership Behaviors are important to the success of the organization.
- Personal Effectiveness
- Effective Communication
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Program/Project Management
- Customer Focus
- Result Orientation
- Peer Relationships