We are looking for an experienced and passionate Manager of Marketing to develop and implement organization-wide marketing strategies to expand NMSDC’s reach into to our target markets. The Manager of Marketing will be responsible for setting goals, monitoring work, and evaluating results to ensure that departmental and organizational objects are met. Tactically, the Manager of marketing will also be responsible for cultivating positive relationships with stakeholders, creating marketing campaigns, and conducting regular market research to keep current with market trends. To be successful as the Manager of Marketing, you should possess experience in non-profit marketing, strong leadership skills, and passion for the NMSDC mission.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Full-Time
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel for company business and event; 10-15%
To Apply: https://portal.optevus.com/view-job-details/254
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the VP of Marketing and Communications to translate business goals into marketing objectives and strategies that facilitate business growth by leveraging insights from data and market dynamics for success.
- Design and implement marketing strategies and campaigns through various NMSDC channels (website, email, social media, direct mail, podcasts, etc.) to create awareness of NMSDC’s business activities; work closely with communications staff to develop relevant copy; execute campaigns
- Assist the VP of Marketing and Communications in developing content marketing strategies and tactics and manage workflows to produce engaging content derivatives.
- Provide strong, effective, and highly visible leadership to the marketing team.
- Aid in development of budgets to support recommended strategies; obtain budget approval, manage, track, and share performance with the VP of Marketing and Communications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and keep them informed of marketing initiatives.
- Carry out market research to keep current with trends.
- Develop and implement an annual, strategic, exhibits calendar that ensures the efforts, resources, and volunteer time are utilized in a manner that provides the greatest return to the organization.
- Manage vendor relationships for marketing related software, services, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required.
- 3+ years of marketing experience working in a non-profit environment required.
- 7+ years of strategic marketing leadership required.
- Proven skillset in communications, interpersonal skills, and analytical and creative thinking.
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Proven success in the development of strategic marketing plans tied to business goals and execution of innovative integrated marketing campaigns.
- The willingness to undergo training to become familiar with the NMSDC and service offerings.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization
- The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, 401K Plan, Short-Term Disability, Term Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Pay, Performance Bonus – tied to the financial health of organization & individual performance
NMSDC serves as a growth engine for NMSDC certified minority businesses and enable our members to advance economic equity. To achieve our mission, we work through the NMSDC Network to support and facilitate minority business enterprises (MBE) integration into corporate and public-sector supply chains; build MBE capacity and capabilities through our programs and other education offerings; and facilitate MBE-to-MBE partnerships to meet the needs of our corporate members. Our vision is to be the leading organization for driving socioeconomic equity and generational wealth in communities of color. Whether you’re a small minority-owned organization or a billion-dollar powerhouse, we’re committed to helping you solve the growing need for supplier diversity.