Are you looking for a career where your skills will genuinely make a difference in the lives of systematically excluded communities of color? As an employee with the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), you can help advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connect them to NMSDC corporate members.
We are looking for an energetic and determined Coordinator to assist our Member Success department with providing exceptional service and value to our national memberships. The Member Success Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring seamless processes across the department from member application to invoicing, payments and onboarding. The individual will be charged with assisting with event planning, sponsorship documentation and tracking, coordinating membership communications with the Marketing team, among other administrative support functions. To be a successful Member Success Coordinator, you should possess strong written and verbal communication skills, detailed oriented and customer service focused.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports to: Director, Member Success
Travel Requirements: Travel required for company events; less than 5%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Member Success office by managing calendars, managing up, and making sure everything is running smoothly.
- Cultivate positive relationships with Members through responding to Member Success inquiries both through phone and emails.
- Assist with planning and executing an annual schedule of virtual and in person events.
- Assist with overall virtual and in person event coordination, including, registration support, reservation/ticketing procedures, and operations during the event.
- Assist in writing, editing, and oversight of the Member communication workflow, including Member guides, invitations, eNews, emails, Member webpages, magazine articles, brochures, and recognition/program materials.
- Manage and coordinate email lists, schedules, and content for existing and perspective Members.
- Coordinate with the Marketing department to maximize program opportunities for Members.
- Assist in planning and implementation of annual fundraising drives.
- Establish strong working relationships with event volunteers and coordinate their activities.
- Assist in membership processing and fulfilment during periods of high volume.
- Other administrative assignments/projects as assigned
Qualifications / Skills:
- High school diploma or GED required, A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or related field preferred
- 2 or more years’ professional paid experience in a non-profit institution or an equivalent membership-focused environment required
- Strong Microsoft suite skills especially in MS Word; MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- The ability to meet or exceed targets and goals
- Can multi-task in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- The willingness to undergo training to become familiar with the NMSDC and service offerings
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of corporate professionals from Supplier Diversity Coordinators up to and including C-Suite executives
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- The ability to create and maintain long-lasting relationships with customers
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization
- The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, 401K Plan, Short-Term Disability, Term Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Pay, Performance Bonus – tied to the financial health of organization & individual performance
We look forward to getting to know you and how you will be a great fit for this position. Please apply at:
NMSDC serves as a growth engine for NMSDC certified minority businesses and enable our members to advance economic equity. To achieve our mission, we work through the NMSDC Network to support and facilitate minority business enterprises (MBE) integration into corporate and public-sector supply chains; build MBE capacity and capabilities through our programs and other education offerings; and facilitate MBE-to-MBE partnerships to meet the needs of our corporate members. Our vision is to be the leading organization for driving socioeconomic equity and generational wealth in communities of color. Whether you’re a small minority-owned organization or a billion-dollar powerhouse, we’re committed to helping you solve the growing need for supplier diversity.