Are you looking for a career where your skills genuinely make a difference in the lives of systematically excluded communities of color? As an employee with the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), you can help advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connect them to NMSDC corporate members.
NMSDC serves as a growth engine for NMSDC-certified minority businesses and enables our members to advance economic equity. To achieve our mission, we work through the NMSDC Network to support and facilitate minority business enterprises (MBE) integration into corporate and public-sector supply chains; build MBE capacity and capabilities through our programs and other education offerings; and facilitate MBE-to-MBE partnerships to meet the needs of our corporate members. Our vision is to be the leading organization for driving socioeconomic equity and generational wealth in communities of color. Whether you’re a small minority-owned organization or a billion-dollar powerhouse, we’re committed to helping you solve the growing need for supplier diversity.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate human resources director to continue in the development and implementation of the human resources department. This strategic leader will report directly to the chief transformation officer and will have a direct hand in the development of the human resources department and staff. To be successful as the director of human resources, you should possess strong leadership skills, be hands-on when needed, and have a passion for the NMSDC mission.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Part-Time 20-30 hours a week
Reports to: Chief Transformation Officer
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel for company business and event; 10-15%
If interested in the position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resources (HR) team, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the NMSDC’s mission and talent strategy.
- Oversee and implement the annual HR Work Plan.
- Monitors and ensures the NMSDC’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the NMSDC’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, retention, training, and culture.
- Sets expectations of Human Resources and communicates to leadership and organization.
- Develops and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs, including Town Hall meetings.
- Oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Report to Executive Leadership Team by analyzing data and using HR metrics
- Oversees, researches, and recommends benefit packages and changes to benefit packages annually.
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks.
- Maintains knowledge of HR best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to Executive Leadership Team.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced Degree preferred.
- At least 10 years working in progressive People/HR experience.
- Must be up to date in best practices.
- Experience in benefit administration.
- A player/coach with the ability to both shape strategy and manage the day-to-day operations of a dynamic function.
- Documented track record of discretion, relationship management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of elevating employee experience.
- Ability to manage and balance multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Experience using a variety of HRIS and benefits platforms in addition to Microsoft suite.
- Focused on achieving results against quantitative goals.
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and excellent follow-through.
- Ability to think critically and identify potential issues before they arise.
- Ability to challenge constructively and provide solutions.
- SHRM, SPHR, or equivalent preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization.
- $60.00- $67.31/ HR The pay for this position is commensurate with experience.