The Senior level System Administrator serves as an integral member of the NMSDC IT team and the key expectations for this role are to ensure the stable operation of Applications and Servers, maintaining an enterprise level configuration of servers on the Azure platform, and to configure, maintain, and implement security strategies for user authentication and role-based access. To be considered for this role, candidates must believe in NMSDC’s mission, by remaining extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact. Is this something that interests you? Join our proud team that is passionately committed to supporting minority businesses to grow profitably.
If you are interested please apply at https://portal.optevus.com/view-job-details/109
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Full-time
Travel Requirements: Moderate travel for company business and events; 15-25%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimize and maintain the stability of operations with applications and servers including remote direct connect servers and data repositories.
- Manage the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance, support, and optimization of server hardware, software, data, and other related items while maintaining an enterprise level configuration of servers on the Azure platform.
- Configure, maintain, and implement security strategies for user authentication and role-based access while developing server design and sustaining capacity planning.
- Diagnose and solve connectivity issues with additional systems by understanding different network domains and firewall restrictions.
- Manage software upgrades and patch installations, update and maintain disaster recovery strategy and testing plans.
- Proactively troubleshoot application and performance issues by monitoring logs and interpreting error messages.
- Safeguards and maintains guidelines by consistently following Enterprise standards and procedures while enforcing Enterprise IT data integrity and security principles.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, or 10 years of professional experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering and supporting servers, such as Windows or Enterprise level applications.
- Solid VMware experience and general virtualization best practices.
- Solid understanding of network protocols and active directory, hands on hardware troubleshooting experience analyzing logs, and quality scripting skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment while prioritizing and executing multiple projects.
- Work at a highly motivated level with a sense of urgency and dedication to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work occasional off-hours for software upgrades, server migration, and scheduled maintenance activities.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Founded in 1972 and headquartered in New York, NMSDC is the most influential and successful organization in the United States advocating for successful partnerships between the nation’s top corporations and minority businesses from the Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American communities. NMSDC’s 1,500 and growing membership includes top companies in the private and public sectors, as well as universities, hospitals, and other institutions. The NMSDC’s 23 regional councils certify and match more than 14,000 Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American-owned businesses with member corporations that want to purchase their products, services, and solutions.
In 2022, as we celebrate our 50th anniversary, we are taking game changing actions to tackle the BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal) of growing NMSDC certified MBE revenue to $1 Trillion in the coming years and help our nation advance economic equity.