The ideal candidate will have experience assisting robust programs and initiatives. He/She will have knowledge of NMSDC community and stakeholders. Under the general direction of the senior director, the programs coordinator is responsible for assisting with planning, coordinating, and executing NMSDC programs and initiatives. To be considered for this role, candidates must believe in NMSDC’s mission, by remaining extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact. Is this something that interests you? Join our proud team that is passionately committed to supporting minority businesses to grow profitably.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Travel Requirements: Moderate travel for company business and events; 15-25%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with and under the direction of the senior director of programs and strategic alliances, to assist in carrying out the overall program strategy that aligns with NMSDC’s mission and goals.
- Support in the evaluation our current programs and make recommendations on changes based on data, feedback, and history.
- Help drive impactful programming that support our $1 trillion goal by rationalizing the existing programs and innovating new ones.
- Work across organizational functions to understand future programming requirements.
- Help programs team collect and organize applications, interests’ emails and letters, and respond to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Work with marketing to support a cadence of how and when we report out success of programs.
- Support key programming of key events including recommending topics, speakers, workshops, etc.
- Communicates and collaborates with marketing teams to provide information required to promote NMSDC programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar not-for-profit or business environment.
- Computer proficiency. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential. Proficiency in MS SharePoint, Formsite and Cvent are pluses.
- Strong work ethic, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, pay attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; Ability to set priorities, and effectively and efficiently manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and proofreading. Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of people, from colleagues to sponsors and VIPs. Must have exemplary customer service skills.
- Use discretion in handling matters, referring those needing immediate attention and consulting other staff members as appropriate.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Problem-solving skills, sound judgment and ability to negotiate effectively.
- Willingness to be flexible in work schedule, giving extra time when needed.
- Team player.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization.
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, 401K Plan, Short-Term Disability, Term Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Pay, Performance Bonus – tied to the financial health of organization and individual performance.
Interested candidates can apply by sending a copy of their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NMSDC was created in 1972 in responding to calling for racial justice. For the last 50 years, NMSDC has been connecting and advocating for the inclusion of minority business enterprises (MBEs). Because we believe every business deserves an unbiased chance. By helping Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, and Native American businesses push forward, we are shaping a better world for all.
Our Network is Unmatched!
- 15,000+ Certified MBEs
- 1,500+ Corporate Members
- 23 Regional Councils
- NMSDC Business Consortium Fund/CDFI
- 5 International Affiliates
- Extensive NGO and Government partnerships
Our Results are Extraordinary!
- $400+ billion in economic output annually
- $48 billion generated in tax revenue
- 2 million jobs