Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for a career where you can genuinely make a difference in the workforce? As an employee with The National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), you can help advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connect them to NMSDC corporate members.
We are looking for a meticulous and detail-oriented Senior Director of Member Success to be responsible for directing our business development efforts to drive member recruitment and fundraising. The senior director’s responsibilities include developing recruitment strategy, preparing recruitment content, coordinating business development training programs across the NMSDC affiliates, and ensuring the growth of NMSDC national members. Overall, the senior director looks for ways to increase the company’s revenue and members.
To be a successful senior director, you should be a natural leader and possess the skillset to develop strategies in response to market needs. An ideal candidate will possess the ability to inspire and motivate the team, as well as have excellent communication skills and the capability to create and maintain relationships with current and potential customers at various professional levels.
Job Location: Remote/Preferred Location: New York
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports to: Vice President, Member Success
Travel Requirements: Travel required for company business development and organizations events; 25-30%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researching new markets and using the data to forecast sales, set performance goals, and review strategies to increase revenue.
- Designing and implementing initiatives for new member recruitment and sales strategies
- Establish processes to track and report on the business development effectiveness.
- Work with the regional council presidents to develop effective training programs for the regional council’s business development teams.
- Overseeing the company’s membership growth (# of members and revenue).
- Working with internal functional areas to ensure business development programs, campaigns and tracking is communicated effectively.
- Presenting periodic results to the VP of Member Success.
- Develop sales development reports for presentation to the Executive Committee and Board of Senior directors.
- Presenting the NMSDC’s service offerings at conferences and events.
- Monitoring the recruitment activities of competing organizations and developing measures to maintaining the competitive advantage.
- Monitor market conditions to develop campaigns to maximize NMSDC opportunities.
- Securing members with the national procurement operations or needs.
- perform ad hoc projects as needed
Qualifications / Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or related field required
- 7 or more years’ experience in business development and management with proven success in researching new markets, using the data to forecast sales, set performance goals, and review strategies to increase revenue
- The ability to meet or exceed targets and goals
- The willingness to undergo training to become familiar with the NMSDC and service offerings
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of corporate professionals from Supplier Diversity Coordinators up to and including C-Suite executives
- Strong leadership, managerial, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- The ability to create and maintain long-lasting relationships with customers
- Dynamic thinker with a strategic growth mindset
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization
- The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical Insurance, 401K Plan, Short-Term Disability, Term Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Pay, Performance Bonus – tied to the financial health of organization & individual performance
Founded in 1972 and headquartered in New York, NMSDC is the most influential and successful organization in the United States advocating for successful partnerships between the nation’s top corporations and minority businesses from the Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American communities. NMSDC’s 1,500 and growing membership includes top companies in the private and public sectors, as well as universities, hospitals, and other institutions. The NMSDC’s 23 regional councils certify and match more than 14,000 Asian, Black, Hispanic, and Native American-owned businesses with member corporations that want to purchase their products, services, and solutions.