The system administrator serves as an integral member of the NMSDC IT team and the key expectations for this role are to ensure the stable operation of applications and servers, maintaining an enterprise level configuration of servers on the Azure platform, and to configure, maintain, and implement security strategies for user authentication and role-based access. To be considered for this role, candidates must believe in NMSDC’s mission, by remaining extremely motivated in advancing it further and be highly creative in scaling our organization’s influence and impact. Is this something that interests you? Join our proud team that is passionately committed to supporting minority businesses to grow profitably.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Travel Requirements: Moderate travel for company business and events; 15-25%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimize and maintain the stability of operations with applications and servers including remote direct connect servers and data repositories.
- Manage the planning, installation, configuration, maintenance, support, and optimization of server hardware, software, data, and other related items while maintaining an enterprise level configuration of servers on the Azure platform.
- Configure, maintain, and implement security strategies for user authentication and role-based access while developing server design and sustaining capacity planning.
- Diagnose and solve connectivity issues with additional systems by understanding different network domains and firewall restrictions.
- Manage software upgrades and patch installations, update and maintain disaster recovery strategy and testing plans.
- Proactively troubleshoot application and performance issues by monitoring logs and interpreting error messages.
- Safeguards and maintains guidelines by consistently following enterprise standards and procedures while enforcing enterprise IT data integrity and security principles.
- Remote support NMSDC staff, troubleshoot access/errors to our applications, and maintain IT tickets via our NMSDC IT ticketing system.
- Manage disaster recovery and administer backups.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field, or 10 years of professional experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience administering and supporting servers, such as Windows or enterprise level applications.
- Solid Azure experience and general virtualization best practices.
- Solid understanding of network protocols and active directory.
- Minimum five years managing and administering a Microsoft 365 tenant.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment while prioritizing and executing multiple projects.
- Work at a highly motivated level with a sense of urgency and dedication to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work occasional off-hours for software upgrades, server migration, and scheduled maintenance activities.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates can apply by sending a copy of their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
NMSDC was created in 1972 in responding to calling for racial justice. For the last 50 years, NMSDC has been connecting and advocating for the inclusion of minority business enterprises (MBEs). Because we believe every business deserves an unbiased chance. By helping Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, and Native American businesses push forward, we are shaping a better world for all.
Our Network is Unmatched!
- 15,000+ Certified MBEs
- 1,500+ Corporate Members
- 23 Regional Councils
- NMSDC Business Consortium Fund/CDFI
- 5 International Affiliates
- Extensive NGO and Government partnerships
Our Results are Extraordinary!
- $400+ billion in economic output annually
- $48 billion generated in tax revenue
- 2 million jobs