January 23, 2020
EXECUTIVE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – For immediate distribution Vice President, Network Delivery Administration & Services (NDAS)
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com
The National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) is the nation’s most dynamic force in developing successful relationships between America’s top corporations and business partners representing
Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American owned companies. Chartered in 1972, NMSDC has 23 regional councils, each of which certifies, develops, connects and advocates for minority business inclusion throughout global supply chains. Headquartered in New York, NMSDC connects nearly 1,600 corporations with approximately 12,000 certified minority businesses. The power of our network has generated more than $400B in revenues and creates more than 2.2 million jobs annually directly or indirectly. We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our team in leading our national affiliate network’s strategic direction, technology and business processes to enhance network effectiveness. The position will report to the President & CEO of NMSDC.
- Provide leadership, guidance and counsel to NMSDC’s affiliate regional councils on network policies, procedures and performance standards (KPIs). Ensure fulfillment and adherence to NMSDC affiliation policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement strategies that optimize and leverage network best practices.
- Ensure consistency and alignment of the delivery of service throughout the NMSDC network.
- Establish and maintain appropriate reporting mechanisms that visualize ROI for corporate members and certified minority businesses.
- Ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency through optimization of streamlined business processes and technology solutions.
- Establish long term goals and objectives to enhance network collaboration and cohesion.
- Work in collaboration with field-based affiliate Presidents to ensure the value proposition and brand of NMSDC is positioned to achieve the overall mission and goals of NMSDC.
- Provide direction, leadership and guidance to national office team to support optimal delivery of services to network stakeholders.
- As a member of the national office Senior Leadership team, bring forth recommendations to the National President to enhance and advance performance objectives of regional affiliate councils. Prepare required recommendations and status reports for Board of Director’s consideration.
- Ensure alignment of regional affiliate councils’ priorities, goals and objectives with those of the NMSDC.
- Plan and implement an overall analytics and business intelligence strategy with a strong focus on data identification, collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams (Membership, Marketing and Communications, and IT) to develop a cohesive and comprehensive understanding of our key business drivers.
- Lead the design and implementation of analytical projects and ensure that these solutions align with NMSDC’s strategic direction and meet desired performance metrics.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Field Operations and Technology Services committees of the NMSDC Board of Directors.
- Must demonstrate passion and commitment to the advancement, advocacy and development of Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American owned businesses.
- Ability to lead multiple constituencies towards common goals and objectives.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage and inspire in a complex, evolving environment.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of advanced economic trends.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead, develop and inspire teams.
- Ability to apply project management, data analytics and process mapping to achieve business goals.
- Strong understanding of business intelligence and data analytics concepts with a proven ability to apply these concepts to generate revenue and reduce costs (e.g., developing products, acquiring or selling data, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience; MBA or related MA degree is desirable.
- 10 – 15 years business experience that includes long term strategic planning with achieved results.
- Previous experience working with affiliate regional councils in a leadership role (President, Board Chair, etc.).
- Previous experience applying/utilizing technology solutions to achieve business solutions for large, complex organizations.
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or scorecard tools.
- Experience with working with databases/data warehouse. Able to keep up to date with industry best practice, tools, and technology.
- Experience or expertise with various analytics tools a plus, such as Tableau, QlikView, Microsoft Power BI, etc.