Are you looking for a career where your skills will genuinely make a difference in the lives of systematically excluded communities of color? As an employee with the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), you can help advance business opportunities for certified minority business enterprises and connect them to NMSDC corporate members.
The Senior Vice President of Network Success will have primary responsibilities for overseeing regional council relationships and performance, driving consistency and efficiency across the NMSDC Network, and enforcing policies and procedures of the NMSDC.
Will include but not limited to:
Affiliate Agreement Compliance
- Lead annual affiliate agreement update or affirmation.
- Oversee performance of all regional affiliate councils, assuring adherence to Affiliate Agreement and all the component requirements.
- Ensure fulfillment and adherence to NMSDC affiliation policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistency and alignment of the delivery of services throughout the NMSDC network, per the Affiliate Agreement.
Regional Council Relationship
- Partner with affiliate presidents to ensure the value proposition and brand of NMSDC is positioned to achieve the overall mission and goals of NMSDC.
- Provide leadership, guidance and counsel to NMSDC’s affiliate regional councils on network policies, procedures and performance standards (KPIs).
- Coordinate the implementation of NMSDC programs through regional councils to advocate, certify, develop, and connect MBEs and corporations, MBEs and MBEs, and MBEs and government agencies at the regional level.
- Establish long term goals and implement short term tactics to enhance network collaboration and cohesion.
- Ongoing training for regional council and boards.
Network Operational Efficiency
- Ensure councils are utilizing streamlined business processes and technology solutions for operational effectiveness and efficiency through optimization of technology.
- Rationalize network events, activities and programming to eliminate redundancy, increase efficiency, and maximize impact
- Identify and roll out best practices in programming, service delivery, and other aspects of field
Performance Management and Reporting
- Establish and maintain appropriate reporting mechanisms that capture ROI for corporate members and certified minority businesses.
- Provide feedback and guidance to national office team on issues related to regional councils’ support and performance.
- As a member of the national office Executive Leadership team, bring forth recommendations to the National CEO & President to enhance and advance performance objectives of regional affiliate councils.
- Drive accountability: work with underperforming councils to bring performance into alignment with expectations via corrective action plans and other appropriate mechanisms.
- Plan and implement an overall analytics and business intelligence strategy with a strong focus on data identification, collection, analysis, and reporting on SLA metrics.
- Must demonstrate passion and commitment to the advancement, advocacy and development of Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American owned businesses.
- Ability to lead multiple constituencies with varied priorities towards common goals and objectives.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage and inspire in a complex, evolving environment.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of advanced economic trends.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead, develop and inspire teams with high emphasis on conflict resolution and collaboration
- Ability to apply project management, data analytics and process mapping to achieve business goals.
- Strong understanding of business intelligence and data analytics concepts with a proven ability to apply these concepts in the decision-making process.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience; MBA or related MA degree is desirable.
- 10 – 15 years business experience that includes long term strategic planning with achieved results.
- Previous experience working with constituent stakeholders in a leadership role, such as senior account management roles.
- Previous experience applying/utilizing technology solutions to achieve business solutions for large, complex organizations such as working with databases/data warehouse. Able to keep up to date with industry best practice, tools, and technology.
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or scorecard tools or expertise with various analytics tools a plus, such as Tableau, QlikView, Microsoft Power BI, etc
If interested, please apply to:
https://portal.optevus.com/view-job-details/483 or send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NMSDC was created in 1972 in responding to calling for racial justice. For the last 50 years, NMSDC has been connecting and advocating for the inclusion of minority business enterprises (MBEs). Because we believe every business deserves an unbiased chance. By helping Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, and Native American businesses push forward, we are shaping a better world for all.
Our Network is Unmatched!
- 15,000+ Certified MBEs
- 1,500+ Corporate Members
- 23 Regional Councils
- NMSDC Business Consortium Fund/CDFI
- 5 International Affiliates
- Extensive NGO and Government partnerships
Our Results are Extraordinary!
- $400+ billion in economic output annually
- $48 billion generated in tax revenue
- 2 million jobs