Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud of what NMSDC has achieved and the challenges we have overcome over the past 50 years. However, we have a long way to go to close the racial wealth gap and achieve economic equity.
In 2022, as we celebrate our 50th anniversary, we are taking game changing actions to tackle the BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal) of growing NMSDC certified MBE revenue to $1 Trillion in the coming years and help our nation advance economic equity.
We are looking for our very first Entrepreneur in Residence to help us with our transformation and growth, and our $1 Trillion goal.
Job Location: Remote
Employment Status: Consultant: 12 months, renewable
Travel Requirements: Moderate travel for company business and events; 15-25%
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stand up an MBE Growth Department (or Office of Entrepreneurship)
- Design a department structure; identify roles and necessary skillsets, and recruit talent for the department
- Develop and execute an MBE growth roadmap from $400 billion to $1 trillion
- Partner with corporate members to identify gap areas, future emerging trends, and needs
- Bring in a partner network of incubators, accelerators, and research institutes for a pipeline of MBEs in the emerging areas
- Collaborate with the NMSDC network and a partner network to find, nurture, and grow MBEs to address the gap areas and emerging needs.
- Facilitate technology transfer from research institutions or agencies to MBEs
- Inject entrepreneurship spirit and mindset to NMSDC network
- Graduate degree (MBA, Master’s, PhD), Required
- A Real-World Entrepreneur; 10+ years’ experience in playing a pivotal role in innovation, and development within nonprofit, corporate, and private industries, Required
- A Profound Social Networker; proven network of entrepreneurs, capital providers, incubators, accelerators, research institutions, and mentors
- A Strategic Visionary; demonstrated passion for nurturing and growing MBEs
- A Confident Problem Solver; willing to take on any challenge and see it through to a successful outcome
- An Inspirational Leader; ability to inspire people to join you by exhibiting strong internal and external recruiting expertise
Compensation and Benefits:
- The pay for this position is commensurate with experience
- Benefits: N/A
NMSDC was created in 1972 in responding to calling for racial justice. For the last 50 years, NMSDC has been connecting and advocating for the inclusion of minority business enterprises (MBEs). Because we believe every business deserves an unbiased chance. By helping Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, and Native American businesses push forward, we are shaping a better world for all.
Our Network is Unmatched!
- 15,000+ Certified MBEs
- 1,500+ Corporate Members
- 23 Regional Councils
- NMSDC Business Consortium Fund/CDFI
- 5 International Affiliates
- Extensive NGO and Government partnerships
Our Results are Extraordinary!
- $400+ billion in economic output annually
- $48 billion generated in tax revenue
- 2 million jobs