Adopted in 2022 in consultation with Public Private Strategies, NMSDC’s advocacy agenda consists of three focus areas, with recent activities listed under each:
- Access to Contracts and Procurement Opportunities
- NMSDC testified to the Committee on House Financial Services Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee.
- NMSDC currently chairs the Contracts and Purchasing subcommittee to CUC of SBA.
- NMSDC held a roundtable with MBEs and the Secretary of the Department of Transportation.
- Access to Capital; Technology/Relations Issues and Accountability
- NMSDC engaged in policy conversations with SBA’s Office of Capital Access regarding new programs/initiatives.
- NMSDC gathered ally organizations to discuss opportunities to engage and advocate together with one voice.
- A Federal MBE Designation
- NMSDC signed a joint letter with the National Urban League to President Biden and his administrations requesting a federal MBE designation.
- NMSDC met with Congresswoman Sylvia R. Garcia (TX-29) staff to discuss potential legislative pathway for a federal MBE designation.
- NMSDC met with Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD) to discuss opportunities of engagement with the Senate Small Business Committee.
Previous Advocacy Campaigns
MBEs Fueling Economic Growth
During the Trump Administration, NMSDC advocated for minority business enterprises (MBEs) at both the national and local level. The following white paper and MBEs Fueling Economic Growth provide a snapshot of our goals and calls to action during this time period.
Please note: The Business Case for Minority Business Enterprises, Fueling Economic Growth White Paper and The Business Case for Minority Business Enterprises: Fueling Economic Growth were published during the Trump Administration.